Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Extension of Human Kindness Is As Natural As Nature's Storms!

It's been way too long since my last post and I felt the need to remark on the many touches of human kindness I have seen in so many ways since the wake of Sandy here in Long Island!  It has not all been about long gas lines and fear of looting.  Far from it has been the reality that the haves have been providing in so many ways to the have nots!  Not because they were looking for recognition but because the Soul within them felt the need to provide comfort in what ever way they thought they could.

This was demonstrated by the group that went from wrecked home to wrecked home and pulled wet sheet rock from the walls and yanked cabinets out to prep for new beginnings.  It was shown through groups that went from door to door to providing meals for those without and clothing for those who lost all except hope!  I personally would like to thank my friends that washed the linens that we used to try and save our home from total destruction and our grimy clothes we wore over and over (yeah they weren't pretty) while ripping out our own sheet rock & rugs.  Taking a shower at LA Fitness with my family with clean towels is now among my top 10 best feeling moments in this lifetime! I just want to say thank you to everyone out there that has gone out of their way to assist those in need in the wake of this storm and I hope we all keep doing it.

I was in the middle of testing my Gourmet Detox Plan with several of my most favorite test subjects when Sandy hit with all her might!  More to come on that!

I have not seen much in the media regarding the drinking water here in Long Island, but I advise everyone to boil any and all water that you are using until confirmation that it is safe.

Naturally Respectful,
Cindy D

8 comments:

  1. Kathy emailed:
    Hey Cindy,
    I had no idea you were impacted so heavily. If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know.

    Your home here is safe, dry and warm. Will you be able to come up anytime soon?

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. It was a very humbling experience but a lesson I think we all needed to learn here, accepting help from others.

    Oh I would love to come to VT! Bob won’t be able to run up until President’s week, but I hope to sneak away and melt in the sauna & tub some time soon! How is the skiing? You know 10 days after Sandy we had a Noreaster that piled about 6 inches on top of all the water! My glass is ½ full and I truly think we have it better than most, unfortunately for many of our neighbors they can not live in their homes while reconstructing. Many live in trailers on their driveways or have accepted the invites of relatives and friends to live in their homes.

    We will be just fine….although it is very hard to find someone who can fit our home in their busy schedule for repair, Bob & I are tackling what we can to bring back some normalcy here. Ironically, we were prepping our home for sale as the storm hit! Now it just will look a little nicer and freshly painted when we do put her up for sale!

    Take care and thank you for the offer,
    Cindy



    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hon
    I have tried multiple times to leave a comment. Here is is in email form. Cheers!
    Love
    Kristen

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: Kristen Shaw
    Date: Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM
    Subject: comments for cindy
    To: Kristen Shaw



    Hey Mama:

    Mother Nature took a good hit at us didn't she? I love how you describe the kindness you received and gave to others during this time of such uncertainy.
    I believe that being in a continually kind and loving state is a way in which to being sincere and truthful on the planet at the moment. Perhaps, that if we stay in a state of genuine mindset of gratitude, the storms would subside a bit? Maybe you think? I am hopeful!

    Sorry for all that you had to endure and glad you have come out through the other side lamb.

    Keep the positivity energy coming.

    Sincerely,
    Kristen

    November 15, 2012 1:44

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you my friend for your positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cindy,
    Kathy Thompson Hill commented on your link.
    Kathy wrote: "Cindy, so sorry to hear of your devastation. Cathy said the families on Long Island really got battered. Hope all is moving along well for you."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Kathy. We are all getting along fine and are also hoping to recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cindy,
    Wow, I had no idea you and your family took such a pounding. I'm so sorry. I guess it's the silver lining that catastrophes like Sandy often bring out the best in people who give their heart and soul to help. Isn't it amazing how a hot shower and clean towels - something we normally take for granted - can be one of life's greatest joys? That is such a humbling and powerful anecdote.
    I want to know more. We'll need to talk soon. In the meantime, take good care. Sending you lots of love from Cali.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your well wishes. Humbling indeed! My heart goes out to all those still with no home to stay in.

      Thanking you for the love from Cali with love from NY.

      Delete